- Review the following article listed in the Learning Resources: “EVIPâ€”Edutainment Violence Intervention/Prevention Model” by Allen and Solomon.
- Watch the Hidden Gems in Research Articles video located in your Learning Resources.
Review the remaining Required Resources from your Learning Resources, this week, and cite at least one additional resource in your posts.
Post a response to the following.
- Summarize Banduraâ€™s social learning theory in 2â€“3 sentences.
- Witnessing violence is the social problem being addressed with this prevention program. After reviewing the authorsâ€™ literature about the impact of witnessing violence, explain the extent to which it makes sense to frame this social problem using social learning theory.
- After reviewing Table 1 from the Allen and Solomon article, recommend and describe two additional prevention strategies for Edutainment. Explain how these two prevention strategies are aligned with Banduraâ€™s theory.
- Imagine you are an evaluator, and then identify a specific outcome that you would measure if you were to evaluate Edutainmentâ€™s group discussion. Remember that the outcome should be aligned with social learning theory.
- Evaluate one strength and one limitation in using social learning theory in developing a prevention program.
- Identify a â€œhidden gemâ€ in the assigned article. Explain how the â€œhidden gemâ€ aids in your understanding of the research presented in the article.
- Conceptualize time management using key concepts from behavioral theory.
- Develop a plan that incorporates concepts from behavioral theory to manage your time and balance your school and other life priorities, particularly when you reach the doctoral capstone phase.
- Evaluate the strengths and limitations of using behavioral theory in developing a time management plan.
WellCast [watchwellcast]. (2012, November 9). How to stop procrastinating [Video]. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvcx7Y4caQE
Walden University. (2020). Hidden gems in research articles [Video]. Walden University Blackboard. https://class.waldenu.edu
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 7 minutes.