Let’s assume that by virtue of your taking this class, you have become an expert on Africa. Based on what you have learned, and using both the films and books used in this class to support your arguments, what would you respond to someone who would make the following three statements in a U.S. Department meeting where people who have never studied Africa are present?
1. “Africans have dictatorships today because they traditionally only had dictatorial and despotic forms of governments prior to the arrival of the Arabs and the Europeans.”
2. “Africans have ethnic wars today because their ethnic groups always hated each other prior to the Arab invasions and European colonization, and their ethnic wars of today are a direct consequence of these pre-colonial and pre-Islamic hatreds.”
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
3. “Contrary to Basil Davidson’s assertion, the model of the “nation-state” that Europeans used to create the countries that make up Africa today was never a curse and, with their territories now independent, Africans can no longer blame colonialism and/or use the white man’s colonial abuses during colonial times as an excuse to explain their political and economic problems of
• Paper must be double-spaced throughout;
• Use Times New Roman or Garamond font, size 12 • Margins should be 1 inch left, right, top, and bottom.
• Paper must have a SEPARATE “Works Cited” PAGE attached at the end. This page does not count towards the 5-page minimum mentioned above. This means you will have 5 pages of text and one additional page containing your bibliography/works cited.
. • Paper must use the Chicago Manual of Style, available both here on the Web (General info: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/chicago_manual_17th_edition/general_format.html). Sample Paper: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/chicago_manual_17th_edition/documents/20180216 1242_717_10.pdf ), or attached on the page where you got this f