The most accurate definition of the discipline of
psychology today is that it is the science of behavior.
The goals of psychology are to describe, explain, predict, and control
3. Wilhelm Wundt used the method of objective introspection.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Sigmund Freud was the father of psychology.
Pavlov found that dogs would salivate to the sound of a bell before food was
presented demonstrating the process of conditioning.
6. John Watson studied salivation in dogs in
order to examine the concept of habituation.
Cognitive neuroscience includes the use of tools such as magnetic resonance
imaging (MRI) and positron emission tomography (PET).
8. Darley and Latané (1968) believe that the presence of other people in
a distressing situation actually increased the likelihood that they would
9. Diffusion of effects is the tendency to feel that someone else is
responsible for responding in a crisis situation.
10. The majority of psychologists are self employed or
work for private not for profit agencies