101) Which of the following ratios would be the most useful to assess the risk associated with a firm being able to pay off its short-term line of credit?
A) Return on equity
B) The acid test ratio
C) The operating profit margin
D) The fixed asset turnover
102) During the past year the growth corporation increased its sales from $1,000,000 to $2,000,000 and its EBIT from $250,000 to $400,000. The result of this growth will be
A) a higher operating profit margin and higher net income.
B) a lower operating profit margin and lower net income.
C) a lower operating profit margin and higher net income.
D) a higher P/E ratio.
103) CPR Corp. has cash of $100,000; short-term notes payable of $75,000, accounts receivable of $125,000; accounts payable of $140,000; inventories of $200,000; and accruals of $55,000. What is CPR’s current ratio?
104) Which of the following ratios would be the best way to determine how customers are paying for their purchases?
A) Inventory turnover
B) Total asset turnover
C) Current ratio
D) Average collection period
105) Secular Electric has total equity of $560,000; sales of $2,250,000; current assets of $700,000; and total liabilities of $435,000. What is Secular Electric’s total asset turnover?
106) Solid State, Inc. has a total equity of $560,000; sales of $2,250,000; total assets of $995,000; and current liabilities of $310,000. What is Solid State’s debt ratio?
107) Roxbury has sales of $2,250,000; a gross profit of $825,000; total operating costs of $620,000; income taxes of $74,800; total assets of $995,000; and interest expense of $18,000. What is Roxbury’s times interest earned ratio?
108) Which of the following has the most significant influence on return on equity?
A) Common dividends
B) Principal payments
D) Operating income
109) S. Panya has total assets of $1,000,000; common equity of $400,000; a gross profit of $800,000; total operating expenses of $620,000; interest expense of $20,000; income taxes of $74,000; and preferred dividends of $30,000. What is S. Panya’s return on equity?
110) Assume that a firm issues a six-month note to purchase inventory. Which of the following is true if the current ratio before the purchase is 1.0?
A) the firm’s current ratio must decrease
B) the firm’s quick ratio will stay the same
C) the firm’s current ratio will increase
D) the firm’s quick ratio might decrease
111) Which of the following is true if a firm wishes to collect its accounts faster by imposing stricter credit terms on its customers?
A) the firm’s average collection period is likely to fall
B) the firm’s accounts receivable turnover might rise
C) the firm’s sales might decrease
D) all of the above
112) Anton’s Coffee Shop has a return on assets of 12%. Anton’s assets = $100 while Anton’s owner’s equity = $40 and its debt equals $60. What is Anton’s return on equity?
113) All of the following will improve a firm’s liquidity position except:
A) increase accounts receivable turnover.
B) increase inventory turnover.
C) increase the average collection period.
D) increase long-term debt and invest the money in marketable securities.
114) A company borrows $10,000 and puts the money into its checking account. This transaction will increase the company’s current ratio if prior to the transaction the company’s current ratio was
A) equal to one.
B) greater than one.
C) less than one.
D) greater than or less than one, but not equal to one.
courseworkresearch.com is an online academic writing platform that provides extensive assistance to graduate school students as they work through their research projects, papers and dissertations. courseworkresearch.com gives students access to experienced professionals who can provide the help they need in a timely and efficient manner. The service offers a wide range of services, including editing, proofreading, formatting, researching and more that can give students the confidence they need to write the perfect paper or dissertation for their chosen subject matter.
Services Offered by courseworkresearch.com
courseworkresearch.com offers a wealth of different services designed to make research projects easier for graduate school students. These include editing, proofreading, formatting and researching services, all tailored specifically for graduate-level studies such as PhDs or Master’s degrees in any field from business administration to engineering or even psychology – all with the aim of helping busy students find success in their academics without having to sacrifice other important commitments like family time or work hours towards earning a living wage outside of college hours.
The Benefits of Using courseworkresearch.com
Using courseworkresearch.com gives you access to experts from all over the world who are highly qualified and experienced in helping graduate-level students to complete successful projects in various fields quickly and efficiently – something that would otherwise be difficult, if not impossible, given tight deadlines associated with most Ph.D./Master’s degree programs today. Moreover, using this platform makes it easier for students to keep up with multiple research tasks simultaneously since there are so many different experts available on tap at any one time – no longer will you have to put off studying one topic while focusing on another because of lack of resources! Additionally, having access to professional editors, proofreaders, but also formatters means that quality control standards aren’t sacrificed when finishing major pieces – since these individuals understand what makes up good academic writing better than anyone else and can offer guidance on how best one should go about making improvements along those lines. Finally, there is also an added cost-saving benefit associated with utilizing coursework research essays compared to hiring an independent contractor (which could potentially run into thousands depending on length/complexity).
This service allows users only pay for what students need, which tends to be much lower overall because customers pay per hour rather than project basis, thus resulting to greater financial flexibility, especially for those just starting out postgraduate studies looking to conserve some pennies here there whenever possible!