In psychology, learning theory refers to how we acquire basic responses and behaviors. We study three different types of learning: learning through association (classical conditioning), learning through reward or punishment (operant conditioning), and learning through imitation (observational learning). Learning theory is explored primarily through the Behavioral perspective, which emphasizes how the environment shapes who we are and how we behave.
Choose one of the following options and respond to the essay questions:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Provide an original example from your own life history of Classical Conditioning. Your example should provide enough specific detail to illustrate the concept.
- Explain how each of the five key terms listed below may apply to your example.
- Unconditioned Stimulus
- Unconditioned Response
- Neutral Stimulus
- Conditioned Response
- Conditioned Stimulus
- Provide an original example from your own life history of Operant Conditioning. Your example should provide enough specific detail to illustrate the concept.
- Explain how each of the five key terms listed below apply to your example. If a term does not apply to your example, explain why.
- Positive Reinforcement
- Schedule of Reinforcement
- Thorndike’s Law of Effect
Your response should be at least one page (500 words) written in a clear, concise, and organized manner. Be sure to demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e. APA); and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. For help in citing sources, click on Academic Resources under Course Home.
Submit your response as a Microsoft Word document to the M2: Assignment 2 Dropbox by Tuesday, February 23, 2016. Name your submission following this naming convention: LastNameFirstInitial_W2_A2.doc.