- The word circadian indicates that a circadian rhythm:
is generated from within. occurs more frequently than once a day. occurs less frequently than once a day. is about 24 hours in length.
- During the night, which two types of sleep alternate with each other in cycles that take approximately 90 minutes?
alpha sleep and delta sleep Stage 1 and Stage 2 sleep REM and NREM sleep relaxed sleep and alert sleep
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- __________ is a set of mental operations that organize sensory impulses into meaningful patterns.
Sensation Perception Synesthesia Signal detection
- During sleep, periods of rapid eye movement (REM) alternate with non-REM sleep in a cycle that recurs about every:
30 minutes. 50 minutes. 60 minutes. 90 minutes.
- __________ rhythms reflect the adaptation of organisms to the many changes associated with the rotation of the earth on its axis.
Seasonal Circadian Infradian External
- When Mary looks at the following display, she tends to see horizontal rows rather than vertical columns of faces. This happens because:
lines and patterns tend to be perceived as continuing in time and space. the items that are in horizontal rows share the same internal features. items that are near each other tend to be grouped together. horizontal displays tend to be perceived as figure and vertical displays as ground.
- Our sense of vision produces a two-dimensional image on the back of the eye, but we interpret the world in three dimensions due to the process of __________.
perception sensation specific nerve energy functional encoding