Chapter 1: Introduction
A. Provide an introduction (suggested length of 4–6 pages) that explains the rationale for your project by doing the following:
1. Explain the background of the problem.
2. Provide your problem statement.
3. Summarize the scope of the project by doing the following:
a. Describe the practice change, quality improvement, or innovation.
b. Provide a rationale for the practice change, quality improvement, or innovation.
Chapter 2: Literature Review
B. Provide a thorough and well-organized literature review on your topic by doing the following:
1. Review a minimum of 30 credible sources that were published within the last five years.
Note: In order to prove that you have reviewed 30 credible sources, you will need to provide a list, in APA format, of the sources you reviewed for part B1.
2. Identify best practices for your topic based on the review of literature.
3. Provide an evidence summary of the literature relevant to the topic you have chosen.
C. Recommend a practice change, quality improvement, or innovation based on the findings of the literature review and evidence summary from parts A and B.
D. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format. All within the last five years.
Chapter 3: Implementation
A. Evaluate how you implemented your capstone project by doing the following:
1. Describe the actual steps taken to implement your capstone project.
2. Discuss any changes that occurred to the original implementation plan during this process.
3. Discuss any barriers associated with the implementation of your capstone project.
a. Explain how you overcame the barriers discussed in part A3.
B. Identify interprofessional relationships that promoted implementation of your capstone project.
1. Discuss how the relationships identified in part B facilitated the implementation of your project.
Chapter 4: Postcapstone Project Considerations
C. Discuss the most successful aspects of your capstone project.
1. Explain how the successes of your project can help to inform future projects.
D. Discuss aspects of your project that did not go as well as anticipated.
1. Explain how understanding of what did not go well can help to inform future projects.
E. Explain how your capstone project bridged the gap between evidence and current practice.
F. Discuss the organization’s plan to support the postimplementation of the capstone project, including plans for short- and long-term maintenance.
G. Discuss the resources needed for postimplementation support.
Chapter 5: Reflection
H. Discuss how you integrated two MSN program outcomes into your capstone project.
I. Submit your completed capstone report, including the abstract and chapters 1–5.
J. Create an abstract for your capstone project, including:
• problem identification
• plan for addressing the problem under investigation
• implementation process
K. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
This is an instructional template only. Please use this to guide you as you work in the MSN Capstone Template. Complete this Title Page by adding your Running head, title of your project, and your name.
Title of Capstone Project
Author Name (First, Middle Initial, and Last)
College of Health Professions
1. Problem identification
2. Plan for addressing the problem under investigation
3. Implementation process
** Note: Abstract length – single paragraph, do not indent, maximum of 250 words.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.