The following require you to write a short essay consisting of a few paragraphs (two-three paragraphs).
1. Explain how you would test the hypothesis that infants who listen to classical music develop better math skills. Describe what kind of studies, groups, and method(s) of observation you would use. Identify your independent and dependent variables.
2. Identify the arguments for both sides of the “nature-nurture” debate. What position do psychologists today take on this debate? Describe a kinship study that you learned about and the conclusion that was drawn concerning the nature-nurture debate. (See attatchments for more information on this question)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
3. You are riding a bicycle and your helmet slips forward, covering your eyes. You readjust the helmet just in time to catch sight of a furry white blur whizzing by against the black street. You gasp in surprise as you catch sight of a pack of seemingly huge dogs only a few feet behind you. Explain how vestibular sense, kinesthesis, figure-ground perception, closure, the law of common fate, and sixe constancy are involved in this event.
4. Descirbe how depressants, stimulants and hallucinogens alter a person’s conciousness. Identify which category marijuana (hallucinogen), alcohol (depressant) and nicotine (stimulant) fall under and describe their main effects.
5. Explain the stages of a sleep cycle. Stage one – light sleep and no more than 30 – 40 minutes, stage two, stage three – deep sleep, stage four – deepest sleep the brain processes delta waves. After half an hour of stage four sleep, quick journey back to stage three, stage, two, stage one. After about 90 minutes of sleep, REM sleep will happen. People go through these stages about five times each in a typical eight hour sleep period. Discuss three common sleep problems and their causes: insomnia, narcolepsy, and sleep apnea.