Dealing with Risk, Asymmetric Information, and Incentives
Everything up to now has been practice to get this assignment right!
· Select a company of your choice (any company except Southwest Airlines) and write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
· Evaluate a company’s recent (with in the last year) actions dealing with risk and uncertainty.
· Offer advice for improving risk management.
· Examine an adverse selection problem your company is facing and recommend how it should minimize its negative impact on transactions.
· Determine the ways your company is dealing with the moral hazard problem and suggest best practices used in the industry to deal with it.
· Identify a principal-agent problem in your company and evaluate the tools it uses to align incentives and improve profitability.
· Examine the organizational structure of your company and suggests ways it can be changed to improve the overall profitability.
· Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: One of your references regarding your should have been published within the last 6 months. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource and note Investopedia is just a version of Wikipedia. Avoid all pedias!
Where to Start?
Select a company that is of interest to you. Make this about something you truly want to know and understand.
Best Place to Start:
I recommend the best place to start is the website that is the company’s investor page. It will identify challenge and risks.
Remember the Following:
Froeb’s forensic rules:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Who made the bad decision?
Did the decision maker have enough information to make the right decision?
Did the decisionmaker have the incentive to make the right decision?
Remember Froeb’s Problem Solving Tips:
Avoid the temptation to think of the problem as belonging to the employee, think about the problem as belonging to the organization?
To solve the problem, look ahead and reason back, what caused the bad decision
Are there unintended consequences in you proposed solution
Questions 1 and 2
1. Within the last year, discuss the company’s actions dealing with risk and uncertainty and 2, offer advice in risk management.
a) What is the difference between risk and uncertainty? You must explain all of these concepts in your answer.
Examine an adverse selection problem your company (meaning the company you selected) is facing and recommend how it should minimize its negative impact.
a) Make sure you define adverse selection.
Determine the ways the company is dealing with moral hazard and suggest best practices used in the industry to deal with moral hazard.
a) Make sure you explain moral hazard.
Identify a principle-agent problem in the company and evaluate the tools it uses to align incentives and improve profits.
a) Explain the principle-agent problem.
Examine the organizational structure of your company and suggest ways it can be changed to improve overall profitability.
References and Referencing
Where to find the story of a business: Good sources for a current unfolding story are in fact news and business journals. While this may be a starting point, remember they are only reporting on what they have heard. You must go to the primary source for evidence. Articles will always tell you the source of the story, go there and verify. Summarize and cite. Make sure the reader never has to ask the question, which source was used here. Remember, every fact must have an in-text cite as to the source.
Reference and Citation
You must list all references on which relied, even if it was from a previous course? The reader should never have to wonder which reference was the source. In-text citation is required even when you broadly summarize any work. In-text citation is required whenever you give a fact.
You need 5 academic quality references. I am not going to demand that at least one be in the past 6 months, but remember you are to deal with a recent event. Academic quality: either primary source, i.e. directly from the company, directly from a government agency, or, a peer reviewed publication.
Use Grammarly to check, edit and vet your handling or sources and citation. It is recommended that your first submission in Blackboard carry the note, testing SafeAssign, do not grade. Let SafeAssign run and examine the feedback. Resolve the problems before you re-submit. When you have completed your clean-up do your final submission with the note, ready for grading.
Quick Fixes On Plagiarism
Do not use the questions as section headers.
Avoid direct quotes. These should never be used unless they are absolutely essential to telling the story.
Your paragraph about someone else’s paragraph should never look the same. Make it you own.