Your instructor will assign your team a case study. As a group, research various living environments for the individual or couple in your case study. After you have gathered your research, you must decide which living environment is best for the individual or couple.
Create a 700- to 1,050-word outline detailing your plan for gathering information and completing your Case Study Comparison Presentation due in Week Five. This may include where you will look for information, how you will obtain it, possible ideas for answers and notes, or steps you will take to complete each portion.
In your final project, you must address the following:
Note: You are not required to answer the questions at this time. Instead, focus on your plan for obtaining the appropriate information that will be included in your presentation.
- Compare active adult and senior communities. What are the main differences? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
- What are two specific regulations governing assisted living facilities? How do these differ in another state?
- What types of services do assisted living facilities offer? What types of clients do they serve?
- What are the common sources of reimbursement for assisted living? What affect might these have on care?
- What governing bodies oversee skilled nursing facilities? How do these differ between states?
- What are the common sources of reimbursement for skilled nursing? What effect might these have on care?
- What resources can be used to select an appropriate facility? How can people find these sources?
- What are some effects of culture change in the continuum of care? How might future generations continue to affect it?
- How have philosophies of technology-based living progressed over the past 10 years? How might they progress over the next 10?
- What living environment option do you believe is the best for your individual or couple? Explain why.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.