. What are the functions that the liver, gallbladder and pancreas play in digestion? Explain.
2. Chapter 5 discusses many pathological conditions related to the digestive system and divides them based on their location (oral cavity, upper GI tract, Lower GI tract ect..). Pick 4 pathological conditions, one from each group, define them and explain the signs, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment for each one.
3. You have learned so far the suffixes -tomy, -ectomy and -stomy. Explain the differences in the meanings of each suffix and illustrate using examples of medical terms that are realted to the digestive system.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
4. This week, you are expected to go over the digestive system case study under the week’s module. In the case study, the patient (Mrs. Kreider) has undergone false diagnosis multiple times (indigestion, diverticulosis, jaundice, colonic polyps, etc…).
a. Describe each misdiagnosed condition, the reason behind each misdiagnosis and the lab tests and procedures that were used.
b. What was the actual diagnosis? What is the medical term for this condition? What was done to reach this diagnosis?
Groups: Three to four students will be randomly assigned to each group for the Week 5 Assignment 1:
- Group 1 – Survey Research
- Group 2 – Experimental Research
- Group 3 – Correlational Research
- Group 4 – Case Study
- Group 5 – Phenomenology…………………………………………………I am Group 5
- Group 6 – Ethnography
- Group 7 – Grounded Theory
- Group 8 – Focus Groups
- Group 9 – Mixed Methods (exploratory or explanatory)
Please My group Is Group 5 …Phenomenology
Work with your group to finalize an eight to ten slide (length does not include the cover or references slides) PowerPoint presentation with references about your group’s assigned research method: Phenomenology
- Description of the research method.
- Describe whether it is qualitative or quantitative, or both, and why.
- What are the steps to using this method? Explain in detail.
- Provide an example of one study where it has been used. Summarize the study and how it used your group’s assigned research method.
- Identification of challenges and limitations of this method.