We are currently evaluating properties of various metals, alloys and plastics. The materials we are
testing in tension are:
– A-36 Hot Rolled Steel
– 4140 Hot Rolled Steel
– Gray 20 Cast Iron
– 7075 Aluminum
– Polyethylene high density
– Acrylic cast
Perform the tensile test of above materials. Use the data in the electronic files to describe the
behavior and properties of the materials to provide a report with the following:
• A cover letter with your description of the test, behavior of the tested materials and test
• The calculated Modulus of Elasticity (slope of the curve) for all the materials tested with
a plot showing the stress-strain curve of each material (6 graphs – one for each material)
• A plot showing the stress-strain curve of all materials in one graph (6 curves in one
• Characteristics of the materials. That is, if a material is brittle, ductile, elastic, etc.
• Analysis of the data and discussion of the results
• Reduced data sample – i.e., NOT the data files, but the data after you reduced it to a
usable format. This should show actual “P” (load) and stress, change in length and strain.
Label this section “Reduced Data” and provide only one page per each material.
all things in Lab 2 Metals and Plastics.pdf with the sample.
attached the first lab please use the logo in it and all the style.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now