- Provide an example of a social movement in the last three years that has been aided by digital activism. How did social media and digital technology help to bring about and influence this movement? Include a link to reputable, relevant source that describes the movement and its participants' use of social media/digital technology and be sure to integrate the source into your response.
- As a result of this activism, did large-scale, macro-level disruptive change occur? To what extent — to what degree? If not, why not? Be specific.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1. Bennett, W. Lance, and Segerberg, Alexandra. "The logic of connective action: Digital media and the personalization of contentious politics." Information, Communication & Society. (2012) 15:5:739-768. http://www.academia.edu/3054585/The_Logic_of_Connective_Action (Links to an external site.)
2. Bennett, W. Lance. "Changing citizenship in the digital age." Civic life online: Learning how digital media can engage youth. (2008) 1:1-24. http://mitp-content-server.mit.edu:18180/books/content/sectbyfn?collid=books_pres_0&fn=9780262524827_sch_0001.pdf&id=7893 (Links to an external site.)
Carr, David. "Hashtag activism, and its limits." The New York Times Online. (2012) https://indianexpress.com/article/news-archive/web/hashtag-activism-and-its-limits/
- Select a "media franchise" that you have enjoyed or participated in. Describe this franchise and your participation in it.
- How have "traditional," "new," and "emerging digital" media converged in the production and consumption of this franchise?
1. Scolari, Carlos A. "Media evolution: Emergence, dominance, survival and extinction in the media ecology." International Journal of Communication (2013): 7:24. Media evolution (PDF)
2. Lutz, Ashley. "These six corporations control 90% of media in America." Business Insider. (2012) http://www.businessinsider.com/these-6-corporations-control-90-of-the-media-in-america-2012-6 (Links to an external site.)
3. Ritzer, George, and Jurgenson, Nathan. "Production, consumption, prosumption: The nature of capitalism in the age of the digital ‘prosumer’."Journal of Consumer Culture. (2010) 10:1:13-36. Production, consumption, prosumption
- Which of the coping mechanisms that Rainie and Wellman describe in Chapter 10 are you already doing (they are also on the last slide of the powerpoint and webcam lecture you watched for today)?
- Which will be the greatest challenge for you? Why?
2. Sadowski, Jathan. "The business of living forever." Slate. (2013) http://www.slate.com/articles/business/billion_to_one/2013/11/dmitry_itskov_2045_initiative_eternal_living_through_science.html (Links to an external site.)The business of living forever (Links to an external site.)
3. Thierer, Adam. "Muddling through: How we learn to cope with technological change." The Technology Liberation Front. (2014) http://techliberation.com/2014/06/17/muddling-through-how-we-learn-to-cope-with-technological-change/ (Links to an external site.) Muddling through (Links to an external site.)
4. Anderson, Janna and Rainie, Lee. "15 theses about the digital future." Pew Internet and American Life Project. (2014) http://www.pewinternet.org/2014/03/11/digital-life-in-2025/ (Links to an external site.)
each journal must be 225-300 words
The post Provide an example of a social movement in the last thr first appeared on courseworkresearch.