A well-known maxim teaches us that ‘it takes money to make money’. We need to have some measure of finance available before we can start investing and look forward to a reasonable return. God, who has much at His disposal, also has done some investing. Now He’s looking for a return. Did you know that He’s invested in us? There are quite a number of pictures in the Bible where God compares us to a garden, a tree, or a vine, and He goes to great lengths to look after what He’s planted. He does everything He can to care for it.
He`s taken time and effort with a view to cultivating us, hoping to see fruit in our lives that will glorify Him. He doesn’t just expect us to ‘produce works’ without first pouring something into us, as that would be rather unfair. No, He carefully looks after us, tends us, nourishes us, waters us, prunes us, and protects us. He wants to set us up as well as He can so we can bear the fruit He’s looking for.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
As the Lord has invested in us, He desires that we, too, should invest in others. Now there’s a thought! Who or what are you investing in? Are you investing in others? Are you sowing into His kingdom, using whatever He’s placed at your disposal? If you do, you`ll have a certain and eternal reward waiting for you – a precious reward which no one can ever take away from you. This reward will be given to you by God – to keep forever!
If, however, it turns out we’re only investing in ourselves, we’re not being very good stewards. The return for this investment will be nothing to be excited about. Such an investment would be unwise. We’re blessed so we can be a blessing. There’s no better, safer investment than into the kingdom of God. When everything’s said and done, and we’re in eternity, I think the Lord will show that there’s no one who pays better returns than He does. But will we have made the right investments?
One caveat must be mentioned here: He does want us to take care of ourselves! It`s true that we can`t give unless we first receive it. But are we receiving only because we want more for ourselves, or are we hoping to sow into the lives of others?
Upon successful completion of this discussion, you will be able to:
- Critique investment strategy for eternal significance.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Prepare a discussion post that answers the following questions:
- Describe a time or event when you invested in the life of someone other than a family member. What were the benefits of your investment, both to the person you were investing in, and yourself?
- How might the skills and knowledge you are learning in the DBA increase your ability to invest in someone else?
- Your initial post should be 200 – 300 words long and is due by the fourth day of the workshop.
- Respond in writing to two of your classmates.
- Each written response should be 100 – 200 words in length and demonstrate a critical analysis of your classmate’s post.
- These responses are due by the end of the workshop.