For this assignment, you will be asked to reflect on what we have learned in the last unit. You will need to choose one of the below news articles and talk about how the company discussed in the article is either conducting their MGMT practices according to what we’ve learned in the course (serving as a good example of what to do) or is not conducting their MGMT practices appropriately (serving as an example of what NOT to do).
You must use one of the following articles:
- https://www.northbaybusinessjournal.com/article/article/gotham-greens-high-tech-indoor-farming-operation-opens-in-northern-californ/Links to an external site.
- https://www.fiercehealthcare.com/providers/amid-big-ma-deals-walgreens-eyes-aggressive-strategy-healthcare-push-ceo-saysLinks to an external site.
- https://www.complex.com/sneakers/nike-aventura-miami-rise-store-openingLinks to an external site.
What You Need to Submit
- Summary of what the article is about and what management actions the company is taking,
- Summary of the relevant class material on the topic that relates to the article, and
3a. Why this company serves as a good example of how management activities should be conducted based on the material we learned in class
3b. Why this company serves as an example of what NOT to do in management based on the topics that we have covered in the past unit.
Your response should be exactly three paragraphs long (a paragraph is defined as approximately 4-6 sentences and your paragraphs should not exceed this length). One paragraph should be dedicated to each number above. You will be graded on both the content of your post and the spelling/grammar of your post so please proofread your work. You also must include a citation for the source of your article (can be either MLA or APA format) and must also include the link to the article itself. Do not use any other sources besides the article and the course material. Everything should also be in your own words. No quotations from the article should be included. You will not be able to delete or edit your post once you submit it so please make sure it is finalized before hitting submit. You will also not be able to view other students’ submissions until you have submitted your assignment.