Principle of Democracy
- Review the article “Democracy and Equality” in this week’s Learning Resources. Consider whether you think equality is a fundamental democratic principal.
- Review the article “Mill’s Moral and Political Philosophy” in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Consider the democratic principle of liberty as it relates to democratic governance.
- Think about the tenets of John Stuart Mill’s conception of democracy and whether you agree or disagree with the ideas he proposed.
- Select at least two democratic principles that you consider fundamental and essential to democracy.
- Select at least two democratic principles that you consider related and desirable but not essential to democracy.
- Think about what conclusions might be drawn about democratic principles as they relate to democratic governance.
The Assignment (1–3 pages):
- Briefly explain the four democratic principles you selected.
- Explain which principles you think are fundamental and essential to democracy and explain why.
- Explain which principles you think are related and desirable but not essential to democracy and explain why.
- Based on your evaluation, draw at least one conclusion about democratic principles as they relate to democratic governance.
Support your Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list only for those resources not included in the Learning Resources for this course.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now