What does policy have to do with clinical social work? Connecting policy to direct practice can be a challenge for some micro social workers. However, policies affect the lives of each and every client who walks through your door. Policies affect clients ability to access and pay for services. Policies also affect environmental conditions that influence individual experience.
For this week’s small group discussion, you discuss ideas for your individual Social Change project. The Project will be completed individually; however, you discuss your Project in this week’s small group discussion to help you develop your idea based on peer feedback.
By Day 4 (ON HOMELESS VETERANS, 2 TO 3 PAGES ONLY)
Post your responses to the following question presented for the Group Discussion:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Explain what area you are interested in engaging in advocacy.
- Briefly, identify the related social problem and types of policies that may impact the social problem.
- Identify 2-3 ideas you are considering for your Social Change Project.
- Explain how the project may impact clients in a clinical social work setting.Review the diagnostic criteria on pages 99-100; 160-161; 561-562 of the DSM-5.Using the case study of “Tina,” write a 500-750-word essay in which you examine your thought process about her presenting issues. Include the following in your paper:
- Discuss the historic and cross-cultural perspectives of psychopathology that may impact the diagnosis and treatment of Tina.
- After reviewing the diagnoses that could pertain to Tina from the DSM-5, discuss your diagnostic impression.
- Provide evidence for your diagnostic impression with appropriate criteria from the DSM-5.
- Discuss how historic misconceptions of mental illness could potentially impact the treatment of this client (e.g., treatment course, client referrals).
- Include at least five scholarly references.