1. The capital structure for Mills Corporation is shown below. Currently, flotation costs are 13% of market value for a new bond issue and $3 per share for preferred stock. The dividends for common stock were $2.50 last year and have an estimated annual growth rate of 6%. Market prices are $1,050 for bonds, $20 for preferred stock, and $40 for common stock. Assume a 34% tax rate.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
% of Future
Bonds (8%, $1k par, 16 year maturity)
Preferred stock (5k shares outstanding, $50 par, $1.50 dividend)
Compute the company’s WACC.
2. The Milton Company plans to issue preferred stock. Currently, the company’s stock sells for $120. Once new stock is issued, the Milton Company would receive only $99 (due to flotation costs). The dividend rate is 12%, and the par value of the stock is $100. Compute the cost of capital of the stock to your firm. Show all work.
3. The Dayton Corporation is considering a new investment, which would be financed from debt. Dayton could sell new $1k par value bonds at a new price of $950. The bonds would mature in 15 years, and the coupon interest rate is 10%. Compute the after-tax cost of capital to Dayton for bonds, assuming a 34% tax rate. Show work.
4. Farrah Corporation is considering two projects (see below). For your analysis, assume these projects are mutually exclusive with a required rate of return of 12%.
Cash inflow Year 1
Compute the following for each project:
- NPV (net present value)
- PI (profitability index)
- IRR (internal rate of return)
Which project should be selected? Why?
#capitalstructure #millscorporation #Banconecorporation